Saturday, March 28, 2009

What's the "Harward Helper"?

In addition to being a catchy title for our blog, the term "Harward Helper" actually has a story behind it. For those who don't know him, my husband is quite the comedian. I can hold my own as far as being funny, but he is pretty hilarious. With that being said, he's also a bit more relaxed than I am in general. Said husband was also a fan of wrestling growing up, you know, WWE and all that. One day, I happened to get a little worked up concerning some housework or something that needed to get done pretty quickly. Apparently while explaining to husband what needed to be done, I got a little flustered and frustrated and started to hold my hands out in front of me, shaking them as I spoke. I probably said something to the effect of "Please. Please help me." Complete with voice sounding like I'm close to tears. Hopefully you get the picture.

Anyway, during my pleading for help, the comedian starts acting like he's announcing a wrestling match and says this:

"Watch out folks, she's coming out with the Harward Helper! Oh man, she takes him down with the Harward Helper! He's out! The Harward Helper strikes again!"

Needless to say, I started laughing and the Harward Helper was born. I reserve it for special occasions, like when I really need help. And then husband knows I really mean it. Sometimes I only do it with one hand. This means the task or whatever is going on doesn't quite warrant the original Harward Helper, but I need a little more than just my words to back up my request for help.

So there you go, that's how the Harward Helper got its name. Funny, right?!

Oh, I went to Target again today. I think I have a problem. Actually, I had to return a drawer organizer that I bought yesterday because it didn't work with our silverware, so I did have a reason to go. And I bought more groceries, other stuff we needed for the week. Of course, I had to get a decaf skim iced mocha from Starbucks to drink while walking around. Some things are necessary, ok?