Monday, July 28, 2008

Oh, how time flies!

Hello all. I can't believe it's been so long since I've written a blog. A LOT has been going on in the last two months. My mind has been wrapped up around everything so tight I feel like my head will burst sometimes. It hasn't yet, thank goodness, but I still feel that it might.

Where to start? First thing, our townhome is on the market. As in to sell. Probably not the best time to try to sell, but we have found a "house" house that we just love and hope we might live in one day. We thought we had a potential buyer already for our townhome, so we started looking at homes with gay abandon. Alas, the buyer didn't work out. So, on to the market we go. It's only been on 3 days, so no nibbles yet, but we'll see what happens. Say a little prayer to St. Joseph for us.

Second, in order to better afford our potential new home, I've made us a budget for the first time in both of our lives. We started out good in July, and then proceeded to blow it close to the end of the month. I don't know what we do wrong. Actually, I do know, we like to buy things we don't really need! How fun is that?! Here's hoping August will be a better month for us.

Third, our little guy has been talking up a storm! I can't believe he will be 2 years old next month. Talk about time flying. He is currently obsessed with big trucks, tractors, school buses, and calling for mama repeatedly throughout the day. He is saying so many new words now and is becoming a little re-peat, so husband and I have to watch what we say a little more carefully now. We've already had a few slip-ups and re-peats... nobody's perfect, I guess. He is also growing like a weed and is getting to be so tall. His hair grows faster than anyone I've ever seen. And he has inherited his mom's long legs, I believe. We are in trouble when the weather gets cold, for I am sure all of last year's pants are high-waters by now. An excuse to shop? No problem!

I hope to post some new pictures soon of us and the little guy. Just wanted to give you all a quick update of the goings on as of late. Enjoy the rest of the summer as it flies by!